Chocolate Cleaning tips!
Chocolate messes and spills are common at Easter and easier to fix than you might think!
• Act Quickly! This is the biggest tip when it comes to removing chocolate stains from clothes or Carpets.
• Remove any excess lumps or bulky chocolate from the surface using a butter knife. Do not press down on the chocolate forcing it further into the fabric, try to get underneath and remove as much as possible.
• In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid and 1 cup of cool water. Dip a microfiber cloth into the cleaning solution and wring until it is not dripping. Working from the outside edge of the chocolate stain toward the centre, gently scrub the stained area. Keep moving to a clean area of the cloth as the stain is transferred from the material. Do not over-wet the upholstery. NOTE: Do not use warm or hot water, this will only cause the stain to run and increase!
• Wet a new clean microfiber cloth with water and wring until it is not dripping. Use the cloth to rinse the freshly cleaned area by blotting to remove the soap. Repeat until the area no longer feels soapy. Any soapy residue left in the upholstery will attract more dirt. Do not over-saturate the upholstery with water. Blot with a dry microfiber cloth.
• If the problem remains try a stain remover such as Zenith Spot and Stain remover for fabrics and carpets or a oxy stain remover for your clothes.
The team here at Coffs Cleaner World hope that these tips help in solving any problems you might have with Chocolate stains! Check out below to view any of the products that may help you.and always remember prevention is always better than the cure!